Thursday, April 28, 2011

Three Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes (3 Points+)

So my new favorite go-to dessert for entertaining is 3 ingredient cupcakes.  Essentially you replace the oil with one thing and use egg whites instead of whole eggs for fluffiness.  I'll post the Diet Soda Cupcake recipe next. As far as I know, you can use any flavor cake mix with this recipe.  Tonight, though, I used a Betty Crocker Spice Cake mix and they turned out FABULOUS!


1 Box cake mix  (I used Betty Crocker Spice Cake)
1 15oz can 100% pumpkin
2 egg whites


Mix all three ingredients well.  Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake according to package directions.  Check the cupcakes a few minutes earlier than the suggested time to make sure they are not overcooked.  

Top with whatever you want!  I am going to use 2 Tbspn Light Cool Whip (0 Points+) but you eat them plain, top with cream cheese frosting or even use marshmellow fluff--just don't forget to calculate the extra points.

These cupcakes cost $4.00 for the entire batch of 24 cupcakes, or $0.17 per cupcake, not including the topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment